Monday 5 August 2024

Start of August 2024


Checking in 6 months later. Time has flown by... I feel a big difference from the headspace I was in last year compared to this time last year. New job, travelling, friends and interests. I just came back from Melbourne and had a great time. There was so much food to eat and explore despite only staying within the CBD. It makes me feel what a true developed city feels like. Somewhere to explore on weekends with its bustling culture. Every Matcha I tried was so so good. I can not wait to go back again. 

My journey to find a hobby continues. I am still scrapbooking my Japan/Korea trip. I took my first Chinese class on Sunday and it went well. With age and maturity, my confidence has increased and no long insecure about learning. However, I do want to try another class as I feel that the structure isn't working for me. I will have more time to think of it this week. I have been reading on my kindle but it hasnt been as regular as I like. 

I feel that I have yearning for a simpler life in terms of my belongings. Recently, I decluttered and gave away my make up and have not bought massive amount of clothes. I feel that I have been donating more than anything. It gives me the sense of relief to have less things and really cherish with what I have. This is especially helpful if I am planning to move soon. I really need to be lightening the load. I am still digging away my skincare/haircare purchases from Japan/Korea.

I recently been getting my nails done and it gives me small bits of joy whenever I look at it. I use to be a girl that didnt understanding paying money for nails but I see the appeal now. Lifestyle creep is coming for me. A great purchase for me has been my Frank Green bottle. It is an expensive water bottle but I have been using it consistently. I love the straw as my lips can be sensitive. I have also been investing in clothes that are higher quality and pieces I love rather on quantity. I can not wait for summer to wear them! My favourite song at the moment is Bird of a Feather by Billie Ellish. It just a song that has been on repeat and still not sick of. 

I do not know what my life looks like yet but I hope to find some fulfillment in bigger things. I am itching for a change. Until my next update! 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment