Monday 18 January 2016

NEW YEAR AND CHRISTMAS~


Hi Everyone! image

The Christmas/New year holiday has officially passed ~

How was your holiday? Is everyone back to there usual routine? Does the New Year make you feel any different? For me, the New Year is a reminder that it is a time for change. This year so far has been a transition in my academic life from a high school student going off to University.



First off we have to make the decision of selecting each individual course and creating our own timetables. It's not as simple as it sounds. I found the struggle of actually choosing the courses for me degree (which I finally decided it to be Food Science), Sure there is a recommended list but I am still complicating between food science or food nutrition! Why must that be the same degree but two different majors? Oh help me. Plus the layout of making the timetable confused me alot. There were clashes,mixups and times that I can commit to such as night time classes. It really was stressful and the fact that the site kept crashing did not help at all. But at last I did complete it and now officially have my timetable that includes the bitter 8am classes three times a week. image All that needs to be done are a few tests and orientation before University starts.  I am going to miss the time sleeping in and spend as much time sleeping as possible. image Hopefully that would work out the hours I would be staying up at University. 


One a second thought if I study a degree in food would I always be surrounded by nice food? That would be a dream come true. Who does not love food? image


Searching for food gifs make me hungry.


What else is there need to update on? 
My Christmas Day was fine, it was the usual of getting up and attending my auntie's house for a huge Christmas dinner with lots of fun and games including Jenga and Connect Four which I haven't played since Intermediate. I really appreciate Christmas Day because everyone is on Holiday and I get to see family that I barely see throughout the year due to the distance,work and school! Plus the food is always nice. I like food. image
For a "holiday" my family and I had a week and a bit trip to the lower part of North Island and needless to say it is different from where I live. The nature grew closer to us and the visible shore lines were everywhere. The farm lands were crowded with sheep and cows. It was the New Zealand that people overseas think about us as. It was very fun despite the long cars stuffed in the car. It gave me a chance to use my Polaroid camera that I won recently which was very great! However my first ever photo turned out wrong due to me not setting it right. At least I learnt my lesson right?? image We spent New Years at Wellington which was great however the rooms were very stuffy and it mainly consisted my brothers and I watching the Disney channel which reminisced old memories. Other than that the trip was mainly outdoors which is rare of me as I like being indoors away from the light. One of my fond memories was actually seeing a wind turbine farm! They were so tall and we created memories by my brother and I taking angled photos that made me taller than them and such. (I actually look tall for once). 
I think thats all for now! Hope that everyone is doing ok and having a good day! Stay safe and be happy!
Blog more soon!image 

No comments:

Post a Comment