Tuesday 6 December 2016

End of the Year | 2016

wow. what a year it has been. A tough long yet fast year. Alot of things have happened throughout the year that I can not think of every detail of. The major change of this year was probably attending University.

Attending university has changed me alot with the obvious of changing my daily routine. Having 8 am CHEM 110 classes when you live up to a 2 hour bus ride away requires you to get up early in the morning and catch the bus at 6:20 am or even 6am. I like to think of myself as a morning person but i couldn't convince myself to enjoy it. Luckily it only lasted one semester.



In semester one I took CHEM 110,BIOSCI 107 and 101 and Maths 180. It was my first time ever taking only science-maths subjects as compared to high school and both biosci intertwined together at times. Luckily BIOSCI and Maths were multi choice which put me at ease but should not be underestimated. Chem 110 at times was a step up from high school chemistry. The thing is that at times I get worried as once I learn/cram I tend to forget the theory.One challenge in studying science subjects is that students have to pass the theory and laboratory component in order to pass the subject overall. Laboratory was fun yet stressful as the experiment and paperwork had to be completed within 3 hours. I think chemistry lab work was harder than bio lab as not only did you have to stand for 3 hours straight but there was more workload and experiments to do. 

In second semester I took CHEM 120,STATS 101,PHYSICS 160 and BIOSCI 106. I found this semester better due to my timetable of have 9am or 10am start and that I got every second Wednesday free which lead to me sleeping in or finishing off assignments. I feel the most stressful course that I took this year would be Physics due to their theory part. I haven't taken physics since year 12 and relearning and extending the theory really scared me and made it difficult ;; 

Overall it was a good learning experience itself being at university and travelling to the city nearly every single day. 

Another thing that changed was that I got a new phone due to dropping and breaking my Samsung S5 while trying clothes on. 
I was pretty sad because I really liked that phone haha. 

Since it is the holidays now, I can blog more and update what is going on with everything in my life as my last update was in February. 

Until then~ Happy Holidays 



No comments:

Post a Comment