Monday 4 August 2014

Studio Ghibli 1985-2014

Hii everyone 
So recently I read this article which kinda made me feel down but yet shocked. 
It made me feel like this:

I am just going to miss them so much.  If you know me I am really into Japanese animation and when I heard the news, it got me down. However it did got me to think of the positive towards them and thanking for how grateful that I was able to watch their productions. 
I actually still remember the first time I actually got into Studio Chibli work by my cousin. She had three DVD's of theirs:Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and Totoro. I remember not wanting to go home but finish watching them all. I think I was around 11 or 12 at that time (?) After watching Spirited Away and starting of Howl's Moving Castle, I begged her to let me borrow them. I just had to watch them. I must seem so into it back them. I was begging my mum to let me sleepover too. 
After that day I was soaked into Japanese anime and manga and still am. (Currently watch SAO II ) 
I am just amazed by it all.
I just like how this whole fantasy created by Studio Ghibli  is so fun. The characters and the whole world is different to ours. I mean look at creatures like Totoro or the castle of Howl's or the world in Spirited Away. 
My favourite films by them will have to be the ones I once started them with: Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. I could watch them any time and would still enjoy it.
They are // 5

Kiki's Delivery Service | Howl's Moving Castle | Totoro
 Spirited Away. 


When I was going through the Studio Ghibli tag I realise that the films were more meaningful than what it may seem. One that really stood out to me was: 
“Any woman is just as capable of being a hero as any man.” ( — Hayao Miyazaki)
I now see that majority of the films have a female as the main character.

Overall I am glad that Studio Ghibli was here when I am around. It brings sadness that it really is closing down  I hope they surprise us with one more movie though.  They are simply the best. 
Before I end today's post I would like it to end with this note by Hayao Miyazaki: 

With much sadness, it was announced that Studio Ghibli will be -briefly pausing- its animation production department. [EDIT: The news is not final.] Their films have been some of my favorites, and their characters have inspired me since childhood. Here’s to them and the wonderful stories they have given us.

I find this a good quote as I believe that you should believe in yourself but recently I have been lacking this. I shall now try to believe in myself and counter this school horror. 

Hope you enjoy your week while I continue with school ~

Bye~





No comments:

Post a Comment